2.28.2010

Jon & Kate Have Nothing On Us...

It was all chaos and cupcakes here last Friday night as we belatedly celebrated Riley and Sheridan's birthday's. With NINE kids. Who all slept over. Yes, we were crazy thank you very much.

The girls invited three kindergartners, four first graders, one second and one third grader over to join in the food, the games, the fun. The kids did a few arts and crafts projects, ate a ton of dinner and desserts, played a dress-up relay game, and watched a movie.

And then... they all got into their pajamas to sleep over. All nine of them ... plus our friend's thirteen year old daughter who totally rocked in the help department. (thank you Holli!)

It took well over two hours for everyone to fall asleep after they brushed their teeth, jumped on the bed, organized who would sleep where, and cried. Oh yes, there were tears. A few cuddles, a little Tylenol, a couple more potty stops, some sips of water, promises to keep the light on ... and by 11:30 pm they were all asleep. Smushed three to a bed. Spread on the floor. Sawing logs.

Until 6:15 am when they were WIDE awake. Wide, wide awake. I shooed them to the playroom to watch a little TV as I was not ready to start the day that early ... oh why were they??

Breakfast of pancakes and eggs was served to the kids at 8:00 am, followed by a trip to the playground with Holli and supervised by Matt, while I started on breakfast for the parents who came to grab their kids at 10 am.

The time flew by. The kids all had a fun time. And it wasn't nearly as hectic as I had anticipated it to be. Of course, I'm not aspiring to be in television any time soon, so it was quite easy to give the Jon & Kate Plus Eight kids back. Three's definitely a Company.






8 comments:

Robin said...

You're a braver soul than I. We did ten 8 year old boys last year and it nearly cost me my sanity...

Mom24 said...

Wow! You are an awesome Mom. I really, really hope they appreciate what a wonderful mom you are to agree to that. :)

I'm glad everyone had a good time. Smart idea to utilize Holli. So nice of her to help.

The parents definitely should have brought you breakfast!

I'm definitely not letting Julianna see this one. ;)

Chiloe said...

Lots of work for the mom but such a great memories for the kids ;-)

Christy said...

Sounds like a fun party! And how very nice of you to make breakfast for the parents picking up the kids too! The last time I saw pix of the girls room I don't remember seeing those fancy chandeliers - heaven for little girls! And those curtains are as adorable as the duvet covers you made them!

Jen said...

Wow, looks like they had an awesome time! I know they will remember that party for ages to come...and love the rooms!

Anonymous said...

What ADORABLE little girls. I am so glad to hear that it turned out well!

I must tell you, your girls' bedroom is absolutely beautiful. All the sewing you have done - it's gorgeous. I just love their girly little bedroom. Way to go, Mom!

Shannon said...

You are a very brave woman!

Kelly said...

You're a brave, brave (crazy) woman! I'm glad to hear things went well!

Blog Designed by: NW Designs