10.21.2010

Thinking Pink

Did you know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month? A time to think pink... which is easy for us considering our house is bursting with the pepto colored stuff.

My sincerest thanks to all of you who visited my friend Jen, recently diagnosed with breast cancer just a few short weeks ago. Words can't express my appreciation to those who left wonderful notes of support on both my blog and hers. As a quick update ... her husband has been able to come back from Baghdad and will be with her through her upcoming surgeries and treatments.

As a tribute to her, and my relatives and friends who recently walked in the Susan G. Komen for the Cure, today we all wear pink in your honor.



12 comments:

Mom24 said...

Very nice. :)

I'm glad so far, she's dealing with pretty good scenarios, as good as they can be anyway.

Emily said...

I absolutely love Grady's shirt. Very cute!
Think pink!

Christy said...

This brought tears to my eyes! I've been emailing with Jen ever since that post - she's currently living in my hometown! I can't wait to meet her the next time I visit. She is one AMAZING woman. And so, my friend, are you. I'll wear pink for her tomorrow!!!

Jen said...

I LOVE Grady in his pink...that is fantabulous...and what an awesome family photo!

I am still so overwhelmed by the show of support. Thank you so much and I'm still hoping for that glass of vino/coffee/whatever with you in a few weeks??

Shannon said...

Aww Pretty in Pink. I wish there was more I could do for Jen. I am so glad that her husband can be with her.

Becky said...

Your post has been included in the weekly State Department Blog Round Up
at:

http://smallbitsfs.blogspot.com/2010/10/where-we-are.html


Thanks for your wonderful contribution!

Connie said...

I was very happy to read that Jen's husband is with her at this time! Cute photos!!

Daniela Swider said...

OMG - love the pictures! Grady's t-shirt is Da Bomb!

A Daring Adventure said...

You guys are all SO gorgeous!

ROTFL about the shirt Grady's in! Too cute! Grady with his adorable curls (treasure those curls! They will be gone all too soon when one day he decides/you decide it's time for a Big Boy Haircut!) and his pink tshirt.

A Daring Adventure said...

(Obviously, the tshirt doesn't, like, BELONG to Grady. I only meant to say the tshirt he's in...)

Lisa said...

smiling a big cheezy smile over grady & his shirt.
felt my girls in honor of your girl. always a good reminder. here's praying that her battle is a quick, successful one!

mosey (kim) said...

Pretty in pink for a cause. Love it.
(just updated my reader because for some reason yours wasn't showing new posts. Grrrr! Look at all I've been missing...)

Blog Designed by: NW Designs