7.11.2010

This Week In iPhone Pictures ...

We've been out and about this entire week ... here's what I managed to capture on my iPhone.




Left: Some of the biggest waves seen this season down at "the wedge" in Newport Beach
Right: This is how they keep track of the camp kids when they go on field trips.




I finally had the chance to go to the salon and get my hair done. I had a Brazilian Blowout (insert all kinky comments here). It's actually a straightening procedure done for those with frizzy / curly hair. Same hairdo, same gray, same me. However, what once took me 50 minutes to dry / straighten, now takes me 5... and no brush required. Woo hoo!




Left: Date night. Ouch
Right: A woman carrying her dog ... and pushing the dog's stroller. Only in Newport...




Left: The beach house I almost rented for the year...
Right: The girls school playground. It's ON the beach. Pretty cool... if you like your kids coming home every.single.day with sand in EVERYTHING. Me? Not so much...




Left: Even babies sometimes sleep in the dog house.
Right: The kids goofing around with daddy.

9 comments:

Robin said...

Whoa, gorgeous beach house. My kids come home full of sand and their camps aren't even on the beach.

Bracelets are a great idea, here they do camp shirts and with Itai out of camp 3 days a week (two pool days and a trip) it means I'm pretty much doing laundry all week long. Blech.

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

Anonymous said...

oohhh -- i would have *almost* rented that beach house too!

Safetytat is another awesome way to keep track of kids when they are out and about ... but no one asked me :)

Love the hair.

Isn't it amazing how much date nights cost? We have been trying to do better HERE ... since we go once a week, we MUST keep the cost affordable and reasonable! Pretty soon, we'll start eating McDonalds and then just going to walk around the mall!

Sunny said...

First of all, love the hair.

So are you or aren't you staying on the beach? Different house?

I am not ready for the sticker shock of the U.S. but I am so so ready to go home.

Christy said...

Oh so cute - all of them except the receipt of course! That house - wowzers that's spectacular. But I'm sure house is just as great. And how lucky for the girls to get to play on the beach every day!!

Unknown said...

I love the Dog House. That is cute.

Do you by chance need a nanny? Cause I'll volunteer if it includes the beach!

A Daring Adventure said...

Love the pictures!

Love the one of you sitting at the salon, getting your hair done, and love the one of the kids with Matt! Thinking of you guys this next week...

I know you posted pictures of the house you *didn't* rent... have you found one that you will be renting? Or are you still looking?

Michelle said...

So cute! I LOVE your hair and the kids look amazing and so grown up! I can't wait to chat. All our love, girlfriend!

Mom24 said...

Your week looks wonderful. Sooo jealous of your hair and your date. :)

Glad things are going well.

fsowannabe said...

I feel your pain on the sand. Our landlord put a sandbox in our backyard when she was living in the house - the girls love it. And I hate it; especially washing sand out of their hair.

Blog Designed by: NW Designs