7.06.2008

You Like Me... You Really Like Me!

Within the past two weeks I've received my first blog "award" from the hilarious American in Norway, AND I was tagged again in another meme by South End Blend. Fun things happen to those who share their lives online! I'm finally getting off my duff to write about both of these and to thank the ladies who linked to me. It's always fun to be recognized in cyberspace.



Tressa, a Nomadic American living in Norway, awarded me the wonderful Arte Y Pico award. This award originated in Uruguay, from a blogger who will test your Spanish skills if you pay her a visit. Of course, there are rules that accompany this award. They are:
  • Choose five blogs deserving of this award...
  • Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog
  • Each award winner has to show the award and put the name of and the link to the blog that presented him/her with the award
  • The award winner and the one who has given the prize has to show the link of Arte Y Pico blog so everyone will know where it originated.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mary, a chickadee living in coastal Massachusetts, tagged me with a 6 question meme, just after I received my award. Here's my response...

What Were You Doing 10 Years Ago?

I was working as a pharmaceutical sales representative with Oclassen Pharmaceuticals, selling dermatology products (including a gel for genital warts).

Five Items on My To-Do List?

Organize our consumables for the movers who come on Tuesday
Exchange Riley's P.E. tennis shoes for a larger size
Make one more run to Target
Change our address on everything
Send our box of food to India so it arrives before we do

Snacks I Enjoy?

Snickers
Banana Muffins
Gummy Bears
Artichoke Dip
Ranch Potato Chips

Places I Would Live?

Well, I am moving to India...

After that - anywhere in the East Coast

or Chicago

What Would You Do If You Were A Billionaire?

Buy a large house with an open floor plan
Buy a minivan
Save for the girls Bat Mitzvahs, college, weddings, and breast reductions... c'mon, they are my daughters
Donate, donate, donate

Jobs I Have Had?

Worked in a gun department of a sporting goods store
Hostess
Bank Teller
Sales Representative
Pharmaceutical Sales Trainer
Stay-At-Home-MOM!!


(Just like with the Arte Y Pico award, this meme ALSO has rules. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people to do the same. However, I'm not going to tag anyone in the official form of the game... read below to see how I'm changing my meme!)


I posted these together so I could combine my lists and recommend five blogs that I enjoy reading. I really had difficulty narrowing them down because I read so many different blogs; sewing blogs, expat blogs, design blogs, mom blogs. I am always adding new blogs to my site, check over there to see a more complete list of my daily reads. If I missed you, let me know.

When you have time, check out these sites...

Simple Answer
My Therapy
At Home With The Farmer's Wife
Blogging Mama
Shut My Mouth

14 comments:

Jen said...

You answers are great. Really a gun department? Interesting

Simple Answer said...

I think I'm blushing! I really think I am! Thank you, thank you for the shout out!

karey m. said...

loving what you were doing ten years ago...if i weren't so tired, i could maybe think of three or four jokes.

but i am too tired.

enjoyed your meme. and, crap! you reminded me i still have to do mine and my pico thingie! I'M BEHIND!

Unknown said...

Awe man... now you made me realize I'm not saving for my daughter's breast reduction! Hey wait, I can't even cough up enough $$$ for my own. I'll have to add that to my wish list.

Great meme.

mary s. said...

You are a riot. I loved your answers. I was this close to doing pharmaceutical sales, but I've never worked in a gun department.

Eve Grey said...

Thanks for the link Jill! ♥
And artichoke dip is the best!
Going to check the other blogs now...

San Diego Momma said...

You know what? I just found you not that long ago...SO I had no idea you were moving to India...
where can I read more about that????

Deb

Tenakim said...

I just love reading your blog- I read with a smile on my face everytime! Imagine my glee when I see you list little ol' me on your links- thanks- aren't you sweet and by the way - you're a hottie too, sista (I'm just sayin'!)

Cynthia said...

Ugh...you are making me feel bad...I am so behind on memes:(

Mrs4444 said...

Congratulations! You certainly are worthy :)

I want to apologize for not being here lately; just realized you were not on my Reader!!! I hope you will forgive me. (If not, you may find that dead mink on your porch one morning, and I know you don't want THAT!)

Mrs4444 said...

P.S. I'm so glad you are moving but not leaving the blogosphere (you're not leaving the blogosphere, are you??)

Heidi said...

Congratulations! I love your reading your blog. I want to be added if you have time. (is that appropriate to ask, I never know the etiquite of the cyber world)hehe.

Kim said...

Congrats on the award!! That is awesome..and I completely agree about the artichoke dip it is the best!

JIC- Kimmylyn

Suzanne said...

As usual I am late to the party! Thanks so much. It's an honor to receive awards, but doubly an honor when it's from people that I really admire. I ADMIRE YOU in so many ways.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

Blog Designed by: NW Designs