7.12.2008

Happy Birthday Libby!

We celebrated Perlman's Lady Liberty (her AKC name) ... otherwise known as Libby's 7th birthday today. We got her a few weeks after 9/11, and as Matt was working in New York City at the time, we wanted a name that was patriotic. My girlfriend Kelly came up with the name Liberty - and we shortened it to Libby.

We took Libby to lunch at the Park Bench Cafe, an outdoor restaurant in Huntington Beach that caters to both people and dogs. In fact, you can even order treats for your dog off the menu! We met up with several family members who also have dogs, and had ourselves a little party.

Here are a few shots from Libby's special day.







16 comments:

Simple Answer said...

I love the bottom picture of the girls in their party hats - all 3 of them!

Unknown said...

Oh...that is soo cute! Y'all are always off doing something FUN!

Mom24 said...

Happy Birtday--too cute. Today's Jacob's birthday. Our dog has been at my parents since we went on vacation. We all can't wait to get her back tomorrow--especially since my parent keep asking if we really have to/want to take her back. YES, we do, we all miss her. Maybe next April we'll have a party with her. Very cute idea.

The Mom Jen said...

Aw Happy Birthday Libby!!

OHmommy said...

Happy birthday Libby... but I have to mention how in love I am with the matching dresses. So stinking cute!

Janine Kain said...

jackal sniffs around Libby, licks libby's face... jackal wags her tail and waves a friendly paw.

Happy Birthday Libby!

Unknown said...

That's adorable!
~Christy
http://www.heavyonthecaffeine.com

Tara R. said...

Happy belated B -Day to Libby. She's beautiful. Florida now allows pets at certain restaurants in the outdoor dining sections. It's been very popular.

San Diego Momma said...

Oh my, I love the name, Liberty.
Wish I'd have thought of it.
My girl is a firecracker, but it's just not the same patriotic-wise.

(Great photos)

mary s. said...

I LOVE Libby! What a great girl! :)

Clare Anzoleaga said...

It's so fun to dress the family in matching clothes. Cute! What a great way to celebrate Libby's big day.

Heidi said...

That's so original and creative. Sounds like a blast. Really, dog treats off the menu?

Jen said...

So stinkin' cute. Happy Birthday!

Mrs4444 said...

Just popping back in (lurked the first time) to say I'm thinking of you and praying that things are going smoothly :)

Kelly said...

Thanks for stopping by on my inaugural blog!! You were one of the one's I was worried about thinking I was a stalker...I think your life is fascinating; love your blog!!!

Unknown said...

What a fun day!

Blog Designed by: NW Designs