7.26.2008

We're Leaving On A Jet Plane - Don't Know When I'll Have Internet Again

This is my last post from the United States of America. In less than 8 hours we'll be boarding our first of two planes and heading to our new home in Chennai, India. It has been a fun summer seeing family and a few friends, but we're very excited to move on to our new adventure.

The flight time to Chennai is approximately 21 hours... an 8 hour flight to Frankfurt, followed by a 4 hour layover, and ending with a 9.5 hour flight to Chennai. Total mileage flown from Virginia is 8814 miles.

We're arriving in India late Sunday night, and will hopefully clear customs swiftly and easily. I don't know when I'll have the chance to get onto e-mail, write about our travels, and begin documenting our tales - hopefully sooner than later! The next time you hear from me, it'll be from the other side of the world. Literally.

Until then... Pottu Varan (goodbye in Tamil).

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good safe journey for you and your family!

Suzanne said...

Jill - Safe passage for you and your family. Update us on your adventure when you get a chance. When your stuff arrives get that sewing machine set up because I'm going to have some more sewing tutorials and I want you to join in!!! We're going to miss you.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife - Sitting on the non-adventurous Illinois prairie!

jill jill bo bill said...

Hey Jill!! Nice to meet you, too. I read some of your blog and am mesmerized! Your family is beautiful and I look forward to keeping in touch with you.
P.S. My business partner is Jack. It's the highlight of my day to call and say, "Hey Jack, It's Jill." But I am weirdly amused by small things like that.

Jen said...

I wish you the safest of travels. Until we hear from you again, you will be missed.

Laural Out Loud said...

Safe travels!

The Mom Jen said...

Good luck sweetie, safe travels, and we'll look forward to hearing from you when you settle in your new home.

Mom24 said...

Bon Voyage...and Godspeed. I wish you all the best. I hope your adventure in India gets off to a wonderful start. I look forward to hearing about it whenever you're able.

Clare Anzoleaga said...

Yay! I am so excited for you and your family, and look forward to reading more of your adventures soon. I wish you well! :)

mary s. said...

Good luck, safe travels, and I can't wait to hear about your new home!!

Robin said...

Safe journey to you all, and a very smooth settling in.

Kelly said...

I hope your trip in uneventful and goes by (at least in your perception) quickly.
I can't wait to hear about your new life in India.

Eve Grey said...

Bon Voyage!

jen said...

so excited to keep looking in on your adventure!
enjoy!!!

Blog Designed by: NW Designs