6.03.2011

Let The Insanity Begin!

In less than 96 hours the movers will be here to pack up our rental house. Our third move in three years ... if you're keeping track.

Which means that I will be a crazy person for the next few days. Boxing up all the appliances I didn't put into storage in Belgium. Organizing the garage so all the furniture I ordered can be delivered over the next two days. Packing up the bags we'll be living out of until we get to our final destination in Virginia. Sometime in the next eight weeks.

I'll also be celebrating a birthday during this busy time. One that brings me wee close to 40. Which, as I told Matt a few months ago, is totally the new thirty. That is, unless you're still in you're thirties. For at least one more year. *ahem*

I may also be getting my nose lasered again. On my special day. Because apparently there isn't enough stress going on in my life over the next few days, and nothing says, "happy birthday" better than an ugly, swollen nose. And laundry. And packing. And labeling the house. And organizing. And last minute moving issues. Which I already know I'm dealing with today.

Though I wished to have spent our last weekend in our rental house at the beach. Relaxing. Going for a bike ride. Enjoying the scenery. We won't be. And we're OK with it. As long as it's the last time Matt has to bid out for awhile.

Which, of course ... it isn't.


But it is the last time we're moving. For awhile.


Insanity to ensue ... starting now.

13 comments:

Liz said...

I packout on Tuesday and still don't have an address in DC to give the movers. Insanity indeed. Looks like you and I shall go insane together!

Shannon said...

Hope it all goes smoothly and I am still insanely jealous of your new house. I can't wait to see the finished, all moved in pics, especially of the kitchen.

Just US said...

Oh, good luck. Getting ready for a pack-out is just . . . ruthless and mean. Hang in there and then treat yourself to something fun!

Christy said...

Yay! So excited that it's all happening! Good luck with it all - especially eating all the

Bfiles said...

wow! already? best of luck during your packout and happy birthday!!

Mom24 said...

Good luck. I hope all goes well. I definitely hope it's a good birthday.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I just had my last year of birthdays in my 30s. Next April, I'll be turning "the new 30". And hey - you'll be here and can celebrate with me right? So excited about your move - and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Kat said...

Well, happy birthday!!!!! I hope you had at least a little bit of time to sit and enjoy the day in the midst of all the crazy. And at least you can comfort yourself in the knowledge that this is you last move for a while.

San Diego Momma said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Thinking of you during this crazy insanity-making time. The force will be with you.

XO.

Anne said...

Happy birthday Jill!

Heidi said...

I hope everything goes so, so well with the move.

Happy Birthday to you!

Noble Glomads said...

Kiw Kaha Perlman (stay strong). And, "find a happy place". Moving is never easy.

mosey (kim) said...

Travel safe, sleep deeply, and happy birthday, my friend!

Blog Designed by: NW Designs