6.26.2011

We. Are. Here.

It's about as positive as I can be about the drive up to my parent's house. Because ...


* The drive took 8 hours, 15 minutes.

* The stop-and-go traffic was insane.

* Child #2 used up BOTH puke bags.

* Child #3 decided he didn't need to take a nap. At all.

And me? Well let's just say that when the triple cappuccino hit. It hit HARD. And despite making a pit stop at a cousin's house off the freeway, for a mini bathroom break and a quick hug, it was just the beginning of many gas station pit stops. And opportunities to evade CPS as I left the kids in the car ...

But we're now here. And despite the girls tearful goodbyes with both their friends and their teachers, they're thrilled to be here. Me too.

Because the next time the cappuccino hits me, I have more than one bathroom to choose from. And I don't need to worry about finding a toilet seat cover ...





Sheridan's teacher Mr. Nguyen
Riley's teacher Mrs. Clarke




Sheridan's dear girlfriends ...



And Riley's favorite gals ...



A quick visit with the cousins ...
... and Sheridan after filling up bag #1

7 comments:

Mom24 said...

Oh man! One more thing over at least, right? I hope three weeks with your parents sounds better than three weeks with mine...

So cool that Sheridan had a male teacher, there are no male teachers in our elementaries. I know Jacob would love that.

Good luck. You're getting closer and closer.

(So glad you're not driving to VA!)

Anonymous said...

Sheridan is SO going to love you for having put the "after bag #1" photo up :) Glad you've arrived!

Z. Marie said...

Yay! You made it! And thanks for taking the photo post-puking and not mid-puking. Some of us are having breakfast ...

Christy said...

Well, at the first long hotel stay is over, right? And you made it without getting pulled over! Hoping you have time for yourself a bit in the next few weeks! Can't wait to see you in like FIVE weeks! YIPPEE!

Unknown said...

Bless.. you are one of the toughest mammas I "know" love the post puke bag picture... you crack me up!

Kat said...

Oh. My. Word. It sounds like a nightmare. Thank GOD you are done with that trip. Whew!

Bfiles said...

no moss under your feet is right! hope you can enjoy a little rest?

Blog Designed by: NW Designs