1.09.2012

Bringing Back The Round-Up ...

Last week on Facebook I posted a question to the Foreign Service Bloggers about their thoughts on bringing back the State Department Round-Up. While I didn't hear from many, those who did respond gave me an overwhelming, "YES!".

For those who are unaware, the State Department Round-Up is the brainchild of my dear friend Kolbi, who wanted to bring the Foreign Service Blogging Community together. Though a simple concept, whereby every Monday bloggers from around the world would send in links of their latest happenings, and on Friday a blog post would appear highlighting what they've been up to, it was one that was heavily anticipated. She spent endless hours cultivating relationships, highlighting bloggers, and fostering the positive communication we all have today. However, after spending a year on this endeavor, coupled with her recent move and other personal ventures, the Round-Up has had to take a back seat.

Which is where I come in.

After mulling it over for the past few weeks, talking it over with Kolbi, and receiving a positive response from those who will be contributing, I have decided to tackle the challenge of resurrecting what was one of the highlights of our community. And considering how much I've been missing my village lately, this seemed a perfect fit for me.

While I haven't worked out all of the details and idiosyncrasies, whether we will be just posting links from the week or offering any suggestions of post topics, I have decided that next Friday, January 20th, will be our first edition.

So pass along the information. Have your friends and fellow Foreign Service Bloggers email me links at mjperlman@me.com by this weekend. And let's enjoy the new Round-Up in the new year.



12 comments:

Michele said...

What's the topic?

Emily said...

I think this is going to be awesome. I probably won't be able to post for awhile, but I will.

Jill, you are FABULOUS!

Connie said...

Oh good idea! I missed your note on FB but I add a 'YES!' to this idea too! :)

eve said...

likewise- I'll be happy to contribute when I can. Thanks Jill.

Nomads By Nature said...

Great news! I've missed the Round Up these past months. Thanks for taking it on! Looking forward to seeing it again -- happy to contribute. Any topic?

Lauren said...

I was just commenting on the round-up. Thanks for bringing it back!

Alix Bryant said...

Excited for this!

Becky said...

Happy to chip in when possible. Good luck!

Sadie said...

Yay! I posted an advert for the newly resurrected Round-Up on my blog - I am super excited! Thanks for taking this on :-).

Daniela Swider said...

You are awesome indeed! Thanks for resurrecting the round up!

Anonymous said...

What's the topic? I'm slow posting this week (yay for trip around SE Asia, boo for little internet...), but I want to participate if I can!

Just US said...

YEAH!!! I have missed the RoundUp! Can't wait to read it!

Blog Designed by: NW Designs