2.01.2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

After a long week, and even longer weekend, I'm finally getting a moment to review the latest happenings in the Perlman household.

The American School started the third quarter after school activities this week, and lucky for me, they allowed Sheridan to join in too, even though she doesn't even go to the school!! Both girls are signed up for (and just started) karate twice a week and soccer twice a week. They're enjoying the extra exercise and are excited about getting their karate uniforms on Tuesday. Pictures to follow later this week!

I took Sheridan to the Consulate doctor on Wednesday, and as expected, he had no idea what her rash was. Like many of you who commented, he initially thought it could be an allergic reaction... but to what? We hadn't introduced any new soaps, shampoos, or detergents... nor had we put on any new clothes, swam in any new pools, or been in contact with anything different or out of the norm in the previous week. Now this IS India, so it's entirely possible that she could have touched almost anything and we're experiencing the after effects. What I did know was that it sure didn't look like an allergic reaction, nor did it look like hives. And I was quite vocal about it. After answering the doctor's litany of questions, I proposed that her rash looked most like Pityriasis Rosea (thank you to the 5 people who suggested it!!). He actually agreed. It's viral, it hasn't spread to anyone else, nor do we know anyone who currently has it, and it doesn't itch or bother her one bit. The only downside is that it is showing no signs of going away, and now that he agrees it's probably Pityriasis Rosea, he won't administer any new immunizations until her spots fade. Whatever.

The tooth fairy made another appearance here on Friday. Riley finally lost her second tooth that had been hanging on by a thread since her first tooth came out last Sunday. I was at a ladies poker night when I received a text message from Matt saying that the second tooth was out. Unfortunately they couldn't find an envelope to put it in, so they wrapped it up in Kleenex and put it under her pillow for the tooth fairy. Of course, she was very concerned that the tooth fairy wouldn't know to come since it was SO late (around 8 pm). Matt assured her that she'd make it, which she did, leaving a note and 120 Rupees this time (a slight increase due to the tooth fairy stimulus plan.)

We had a packed weekend; attending 2 birthday parties, a cocktail party, an office luncheon, and a date night where we finally saw Slumdog Millionaire. Seeing it in here in Chennai engaged all the senses as we could actually smell what was depicted on the screen. And it wouldn't be India without a mosquito or two swarming around Matt throughout the entire film. But it was good. An amazingly raw movie, and honest depiction of what life is like in many parts of India. Including Chennai.

We have another busy week. I'm off to bed now to prepare for it...



Tooth #2 ... and the tooth fairy's note.



Taken by Riley at 23 weeks.

13 comments:

Mom24 said...

What a week--and what a weekend. You look great. I'm glad Riley's doing so well. The economy will appreciate the tooth fairies forward thinking.

I hope Sheridan's all over the rash soon. No fun. :)

Anonymous said...

I love how concerned Riley was about the toothfairy's ability to get there in time. And, you are one hot mama!

3 Peas in a Pod said...

I love that the tooth fairy wrote Riley a note. Good idea so they keep up the good work taking care of their teeth.

You look awesome. When are you due? (La love the pink canopy above the bed behind you.)

I've been wanting to see Slumdog Millionaire too.

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

Jen said...

what a week. good luck in the preparations for next week. BTW, you make pregnancy look GOOD!

Kelly said...

Wow! I am tired just reading about all your activities!! I'm glad everyone is health (may be toothless and spotty, but healthy!!).
You are too adorable pregnant!!

Robin said...

Riley looks so proud, and you look great. You're glowing, I always just looked fat and dumpy pregnant, but you - you're cute!

We're planning to see Slumdog Millionaire next week, but how much cooler to see it in India. (I loved the book, is it close to it or have they mangled the story?)

Simple Answer said...

You look hot!

We watched Slumdog this weekend too. Mighta been a bootleg movie, I can neither confirm nor deny, but I can say not all sub-titles made it onto the screen. Loses a little something that way. Definitely made me think of you. Wow. What a place.

Kirsten said...

I can't imagine what seeing Slumdog was like in India. I hear it's gotten sort of a mixed reaction over there. I absolutely loved it.

My daughter caught me playing tooth fairy once. She woke up and asked what I was doing. I had to say I was just checking to see if she came yet and then wait until she fell back asleep.

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

Okay I saw Slumdog Millionaire and loved it. I think I told you before that my Hubby used to travel there for business and seeing that movie just made all his stories come to life. I just posted the chronicle of his first trip to India. I could only imagine what it was like being in India and seeing that movie.

Riley looks so cute with her missing teeth!

You look FABULOUS in your 23 week picture. I wish I would have looked that good pregnant.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a busy weekend, thanks for the Slumdog review, I plan on seeing it. Glad the rash is no worse, even though no further diagosis. And finally, you look wonderful at 23 weeks.

Diane Mandy said...

I agree with manolosonamission. You are one hot mamma!

Alison said...

I love it when kids start losing their teeth. It hasn't happened yet for Miss Pink--probably within the next six months, the dentist said.

I am looking forward to seeing Slumdog Millionaire.

Unknown said...

You look adorable! How are you feeling?

Blog Designed by: NW Designs