Obviously I've received a bevy of questions, so let me try to answer a few of them.
- I just started my 2nd trimester and am due in mid-May.
- I had and still have morning sickness, which is actually all-day sickness. I have been nauseous, tired, hormonal, and anxiety stricken for the past 3 months. Luckily, Matt has taken the girls every Saturday and Sunday so I could lay on the couch and rest. He's also been great at showing up to events without me, always coming up with a great excuse as to why I wasn't there. We really haven't had a single date night or outing in over 2 months on the weekends ~ and when we have gone out, we've gone home early as I'm so crocked that I need to crash out. Notice my updates have slowed down... now you know why.
- We waited to tell the girls and our parents until we received the results from my 1st trimester screening (which we finally picked up last Saturday). We told the girls on Saturday night... and their response was priceless. Matt asked them if they wanted a brother or a sister - to which Riley responded quickly, "a brother!!!". Sheridan followed up by saying, "I want 2 brothers." We then told them that mommy has a baby in her tummy. Riley came over, lifted my shirt and wanted a good look. Sheridan just looked over and seriously asked us if it's a girl, if we could put it back.... and would we please turn the TV back on.
- We will NOT be finding out the sex of the baby. We didn't know with either of the girls ~ we love the surprise. We'll be happy with whatever we get... we just hope for a healthy baby.
- I will be delivering the baby in Newport Beach, California. The maternity care here in India is just "at par"... and while I'm well aware that this country delivers babies every-single-minute of every-single day, I won't be joining in. I am too high risk and already clash with the OB/GYN and her unfamiliarity with how to handle a high risk pregnancy (which I will detail in a later post).
In subsequent updates I'll detail what it's been like to be pregnant in a 3rd world country. Some of the things I've heard and information I've seen here has been mind boggling. For now, I need to go. The ice cream is calling.