6.26.2014

My Heart Is Full

After three wonderful years, on June 13th we said goodbye to our amazing elementary school.  Creighton's Corner El has been our home away from home, where Grady could run free, where Matt volunteered, where I was a substitute teacher, and where "everybody knew our name."  One should be so lucky to attend a school where the teachers and more importantly, the administrators, truly care about you and your family. 

We attended Riley's 5th grade promotion ceremony on her last day of school, though unlike Grady's preschool class, it wasn't filled with pomp and circumstance, instead it was far more sentimental. 
They had videos of the kids, diplomas to hand out, and of course, a few special awards.  Riley received one of them ... The President's Award for Educational Excellence.  

We. Are. Proud!



On top of Riley's excellent achievement, I also received a wonderful note and gift (wrapped in my favorite Little Blue Box) from the principal at our school.  While I had a tumultuous year as the PTA President, it warms my heart to know that my dedication to the school did not go unnoticed.  The school's mascot was a Colt, thus the sterling silver horseshoe that he gave me was truly a heartfelt gift. 
Though we've said goodbye for the last time to Creighton's Corner Elementary School, I know our family's legacy will live on.

No comments:

Blog Designed by: NW Designs