10.28.2010

I Never Knew ...

... just how adorable he'd be today. How flipping cute I'd find him afterward. How that quick half-hour would change his entire look. His whole face. How I could manage to take 152 photos with less than 5 of him actually looking in the camera.

I never knew that at 17 months, I'd have to take Grady to get his first haircut.

I hadn't planned on getting his hair cut today. I really wanted to wait until Matt was here so we could take him together. But when his sweet little ringlet curls started becoming unruly and standing on end, and the girls were able to style his hair in mini ponytails, I knew it was time.

I took him to a children's salon just down the street. They put him in a little yellow car and made sure to tighten the seat belt. The stylist was recommended by my neighbor. She asked me what I wanted. I told her, "the usual?" And she began cutting ...





And all was fine until she took away his play toy. Which is exactly what it looked like.





Ahhhhh... much better now. Grady got his pink dildo pretend hair clippers back.
Um, sure... I guess it's a good toy to play with while sitting in a kids hair salon.





Before & After photos. What a difference twenty minutes makes.





And you can bet your sweet bippy that I tipped her well. Mostly for annoying her with the endless photos. And the dildo comments. I'm sure she'll look forward to having me back there again...

15 comments:

Christy said...

Freaking hysterical!!!

A Daring Adventure said...

Ohmygosh, Jill, he literally looks like a different child.

What a total cutie pie!!

Yes, when his older sisters can give him pigtails, it's time for a haircut!

Daniela Swider said...

Oh, he was cute either way but in the before picture he looks more like Sheridan and in the after more like Daddy. I hope he loves his new do because it is awesome.

And I am sorry but that toy, I don't know what it was, but it sure looks like a dildo - hilarious!

Kat said...

Oh my gosh!!! He looks like such a little man. I love it!

Bfiles said...

so adorable! It's amazing how different they look post-haircut! My son had hair like that when we finally agreed to cut him at about 1 year.

Emily said...

What a cute little guy! He looks so grown-up. I always avoid haricuts, but as soon as they are over, I am so glad I did it.
I am so grateful for haircut places designed for kids, the cars and airplanes seats really help.

Issa said...

You crack me up.

DUDE, he has pikey hair now too!!! Love it.

Sunny said...

Love it. Good bye baby mullet hello handsome Grady. Kinda dying about the dildo but seriously you are dead on.

Still waiting for Tiger's skullet to turn into something that could warrant a cut but I don't think 2010 is his year.

Mom24 said...

He's too adorable! That razor is very, very odd. :)

Barking Mad! said...

That's a razor? Seriously? Woahhhh!

He is too adorable...and that haircut...it almost brings tears to my eyes because I remember my youngest son's first haircut. It changed his entire face!

Audrey at Barking Mad!

anymommy said...

Oh, I know. I know I know I know. They look so grown up and cute once their hair is cut. He's darling.

Sara said...

Grady is adorable both before and after but man the after is heart breaker material! Seriously adorable!

Connie said...

He's adorable! Sorry, not gonna choose a favorite, the before or after. I think they're both sweet!!

Laural Out Loud said...

My nine month old's hair is starting to get wispy around his ears, and isn't far from blurring his vision, so I know a haircut isn't too far off. I was really not wantint to do it, but after seeing your pics, I think I can handle it now! What a stinking cute kid you have with the most adorable boy haircut ever.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Oh - he's adorable! I love new haircuts. But what on earth is that toy???

Blog Designed by: NW Designs