4.10.2012

Do You Hear That?

Me either! That's because the kids are FINALLY back in school after Spring Break.

I can't say that it was a bad week off. Just a LONG ten days. With Matt out of town (of course!) for most of it. Everything that I had planned on accomplishing (like last week's FS BRU) fell to the wayside ... and every free moment I had was taken up by breaking up fights between the girls or chasing my almost 3 year old toddler around.

Here's what most of our week looked like ...



Love this neighborhood!

In other news, the Afghanistan band aid has been ripped off, and we finally told the kids about Matt leaving. We had been slowly working up to this announcement over the past few months, but decided to wait as long as possible to tell them as we know their concept of time isn't the best. We also didn't want to stress them out anymore than needed. Surprisingly, they took the conversation in stride and told us that they were totally okay with it, as long as they didn't have to move for another few years ... AND that Matt's next job would have him home for dinner with the family most nights. Fair enough for us!

Happy Tuesday. I'm going to go enjoy my last few hours of silence ...


But before I do, I HAD to tell you that Stella & Dot just unveiled their new summer collection. Hello gorgeous! Need a little retail therapy? Or something fun for Mother's Day. Check this out ... Stella & Dot. My favorite is the Palamino necklace ... just sayin'!

5 comments:

Kat said...

Oh I know. Spring breaks can be exhausting. But for some reason school is even more exhausting to me. I guess it is all the time constrants on everything. And the homework. And the meetings. And blaahhhh. I can't wait for summer. ;)
Looks like you live in a beautiful area!

Nomads By Nature said...

I find the school schedule even more exhausting as well, but I admit I tend to get more accomplished in a day that the kids are at school. Hoping you put your feet up a bit this week to catch your breath = glad your silence was for fun and activity with kids rather than being sick. And I am jealous of your neighborhood that that kids can all play in with such abandon, such a luxury!

Sara said...

I loved having the mornings a lot less stressful, but the day times were then way more stressful. It's a trade off, I guess.

Anonymous said...

spring "break" is SUCH a misnomer!!

Just US said...

Enjoy the quiet!!

Blog Designed by: NW Designs