8.26.2009

Investing In My Future

I have come to the realization that I am on way too many committees. At last count, I have either volunteered or asked to be on the Board of Directors, the Commissary Committee, Elementary School Logistics Committee, the After School Activity Committee, and Room-Mom for Sheridan's class (which I'm sure I was asked as punishment...). Additionally, most of these committees are currently meeting every week. On top of the committees, I also attend monthly PTA meetings, monthly elementary parent coffees, the overseas women's group, weekly bridge lessons (where I embarrass myself with my meager attempt to understand the intricacies of bidding)... and I'm even at school two afternoons a week. Somewhere in all of this I have to make time for me too!

So today I started. I am now the proud owner of an iPhone 3G. I feel so grown up.

For the past few weeks, I had been going back and forth between the iPhone and Blackberry. Thankfully, several friends allowed me the wonderful opportunities to play with them, to really check them out. Traditional Blackberry, Blackberry Storm, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, unlocked iPhone - so many choices, so much technology, the never ending research. In the end the iPhone won, and I purchased it here rather than buying an unlocked iPhone in the States. Sure I paid a little more, but I felt better knowing I could walk into the iStore here and have them help me with anything at anytime. Let's face it - it's pretty darn fabulous that it syncs with my iMac and all of my information. I invested in convenience. And who am I kidding? I wanted to be in the "in crowd"... one of the cool kids.

As I am technologically unsavvy, I'd like to at least maximize my minimal knowledge. Any of you who have iPhones, send over your tips, your advice, your thoughts...

11 comments:

Christy said...

No iphone here, so just sending you some jealousy. hehe. Just kidding. I don't envy you all those committees! But at least you're busy, and time must be flying by!

Emma said...

Hopefully the iphone will go some way to helping you get to and keep track of all those meetings and committments - goodness! what alot of responsibility you have there! Take care of you

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I can send you a jealous temper tantrum...

Now I thought that I overextended myself between our Home owner's association, PTA and the homeschool board. But I think you have quite outdone yourself!

Anonymous said...

First, don't let the kids discover you have one or they will commandeer it.

Second, back everything up often.

Mom24 said...

Congrats and have fun! I keep debating one too, but I just can't justify it quite yet...I'm getting closer though. :-)

I still think you deserve to drop a few commitments though. Crazy schedule!

Jen said...

Lucky you. I am a BB girl but I have to say that I am a little jealous.

Crystal said...

OHHHH..... I am jealous !!!
I love technology : ) Have fun with your new toy~

Crystal said...

OHHHH..... I am jealous !!!
I love technology : ) Have fun with your new toy~

Cynthia said...

Good to know...I've been going back and forth on which one to get. It's down to your two choices...Perhaps I'll go Iphone:)

Anonymous said...

Love my iPhone as well! Couldn't imagine life without it!

I'll send you some of my favorite apps!!

Unknown said...

I agree with the other commentor...don't download even the first toddler or child friendly game or application, even if it is educational. If you do, you will never see your iphone again and to make matters worse, your children will figure out all of the features and tricks of your phone in a matter of seconds which will make you feel even more tech. ignorant. Believe me, my THREE YEAR OLD did this to me. After spending another $200 on a portable educational game system for children, in hopes of getting my iphone back, I now have a $200 paper weight and my daughter has a $500 toddler toy. Be warned

Blog Designed by: NW Designs